For support in English, ask for help at HENkaku on Discord.
The HENlo exploit chain for the PS Vita (TV) allows for the installation of homebrew applications to the LiveArea Screen. It is compatible with the firmware versions 3.65 to 3.74.
Note that the HENlo chain is not "persistent" (meaning it does not remain installed after a reboot). Fortunately, this is only a temporary restriction until HENkaku Ensō is installed on the next page.
In addition to running HENlo, we will also enable access to "unsafe" homebrew which gives extended permissions to homebrew applications. This idea could be considered analogous to the "administrator" mode on a computer.
The "VitaDeploy" application will also be installed to your home screen. VitaDeploy makes installing apps, plugins, and custom firmwares simple and includes many useful tools and utilites.
What You Need
- An internet connection on your PS Vita (TV)
Section I - Launching HENlo
- Launch the browser and go to the following URL on your device:
- On the HENlo page, press
Unlock my Vita, then press
- If you get an error or cannot proceed, follow our troubleshooting guide
- If the exploit was successful, you should be greeted by a screen titled "henlo-bootstrap"
Section II - Installing HENkaku and VitaDeploy
- Press × on "Install henkaku" to enable homebrew
- Press × on "Install VitaDeploy"
- If you are on a first generation Vita without a memory card, press × on "Replace NEAR with VitaDeploy" instead
- Press × on "Exit"
If you are on a first generation Vita without a memory card, we recommend you create an internal memory partition by following Creating an internal memory card. Once created, follow this section again and install VitaDeploy as normal.
Section III - Configuring HENkaku
- Launch the Settings application
- Navigate to
- Check "Enable Unsafe Homebrew"
- Return to HENkaku Settings menu
- Close the Settings application
You can change your ○ button behavior now. If you do, change it for the guide too: