File Extensions (Windows)
For support in English, ask for help at HENkaku on Discord.
This is an add-on section for disabling Windows's default behavior of hiding file extensions.
This will make it easier for you to find the referenced files in the rest of this guide.
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8
- Launch File Explorer by opening any directory, such as your SD card directory
- Click the "View" option on the ribbon menu
- Check the box labeled "File name extensions"
- Open the start menu by clicking on it or using the Windows key
- Search for "Folder Options" and select the corresponding result
- Click the "View" option at the top of the Folder Options menu
- Uncheck the box labeled "Hide extensions for known file types"
Return to Get Started