The hencore exploit is only compatible with the firmware versions 3.65 and 3.68. As a result, other firmware versions must update using a custom update application in order to use that exploit.
While the h-encore exploit itself is compatible with firmware version 3.68, users on a firmware version under 3.65 should only update to firmware version 3.65 as it is the latest version which still supports the Ensō boot-time exploit.
Users on a firmware version above 3.65 will unfortunately have to update to the more limited 3.68 firmware version to use this exploit.
Note that a custom update application can only update your device, not downgrade it. If you are on a firmware version higher than 3.68, you should return to Get Started.
What you need
PSP2Updat.PUPfile corresponding to the firmware version you are attempting to update to
- The latest release of finalhe
Section I - finalhe
- Copy the contents of the finalhe
.zipto a folder on your computer
PSP2UPDAT.PUPto the same folder as finalhe
- Launch finalhe on your computer
- If you are using a Windows computer and are prompted to allow finalhe network access through the firewall, do so
- Launch the Content Manager application on your device
- Select “Copy Content”
- Select “PC”
- Select the method you wish to use to connect to finalhe
- If you are prompted to log-in to a PlayStation Network Account, do so
- If you do not have a PlayStation Network Account, create one
- Select / register your computer if prompted
- If you encounter a message instructing you to update, reboot your device and try again
- If you still encounter this message, enable Flight Mode in the system settings, reboot your device, and try again
- If you still encounter this message, disable Flight Mode, follow the instructions in Blocking Updates, reboot your device, and try again
- If your device is not detected over USB on Windows, install QcmaDriver_winusb and try again
- The finalhe application should display instructions for updating your device
Section II - Updating Firmware
- Launch the Settings application
- Navigate to
Update by Connecting to a PC
- Ensure the update message “Version 3.65” or “Version 3.68” is displayed, depending on which version you are attempting to update to
- If it displays any other message, stop and figure out what went wrong
- Follow the prompts to update your device
- When the process has completed, your device will reboot automatically